- Designed to fit the contours of the face
- Adjustable nose piece
- Can be washed with everyday laundry
- Made In Canada
- Inner Lining Natural (unbleached/undyed) Hemp 55% & Organic Cotton 45% Hemps’ tensile strength is eight times that of cotton fibre. Fabrics made from hemp are hypo-allergenic and non-irritating to the skin. Current tests indicate that hemp is able to kill staph and other bacteria that come in contact with its surface. There are also zero or very few natural allergens or irritants in hemp fabric(bacteria, fungi, dust mites and their excrements).
- Hemp is antibacterial by nature.
- Outer Fabric Poly/Cotton Ripstop – This fabric is custom produced utilizing a unique special reinforcing technique that makes it resistant to tearing and ripping. The special tight weave of ripstop fabric allows for some level of protection against water droplet penetration while maintaining its breathability. Our fabric is dyed through a reactive dyeing process which contains no AZO. AZO which is a chemical that is used in some fabric dyeing is a known carcinogen.
- Fabric face masks help reduce risks of transmission: less contact between hands and face
- Fabric face masks are good to avoid contaminating others
- Even with fabric face masks you need to wash your hands and adhere to physical distancing
- To be efficient, a fabric face mask needs to be worn from the top of the nose to underneath the chin
- Before putting on your mask, wash your hands and don’t touch the mask once you wear it
- * CDC recommends wearing cloth face coverings in public settings where other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain (e.g., grocery stores and pharmacies), especially in areas of significant community-based transmission.CDC also advises the use of cloth face coverings to slow the spread of the virus and help people who may have the virus and do not know it from transmitting it to others.Cloth face coverings should not be placed on young children under age 2, anyone who has trouble breathing, or is unconscious, incapacitated or otherwise unable to remove the mask without assistance.The cloth face coverings recommended are not surgical masks or N-95 respirators. Those are critical supplies that must continue to be reserved for healthcare workers and other medical first responders, as recommended by current CDC guidance.
** “Canada’s Chief Public Health Officer has new advice for Canadians: Wear a face mask to help cut down the spread of the novel coronavirus when you are in situations where you can’t always maintain proper physical distance from others.
The aim is to prevent transmission by people who are unknowingly infected with the virus.
This would help in scenarios such as shopping in the grocery store or riding public transit.”
- *** …when physical distancing is not possible in public settings (e.G. grocery shopping, in close settings such as public transit) wearing a non-medical mask is one way to protect those around you.
- NOTE: ON DUTY EQUIPMENT LTD DOES NOT CLAIM THAT THE DUTY APPAREL FABRIC FACE MASKS ARE AS EFFECTIVE AS N95 OR SURGICAL FACE MASKS. THE DUTY APPAREL REUSABLE/WASHABLE FACEMASKS ARE MADE OF ORGANIC FABRIC
* CDC – Centers For Disease Control and Prevention
** – Excerpt from News Conference – Global news
*** – Health Canada
There are no reviews yet.